Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Culture Vulture

Hello Wurld, and all Star Trek fans (except the 2009 J.J. Shit and Enterprise Series Fans...YOU might as well leave now)!

My name is Melissa, and I am a cult follower.  By "cult follower" I don't mean I'll be drinking spiced up kool-aid and waiting for a comet to remove me from my Earth body, I mean I follow Pop-Culture cults. Redundant huh? For the record I'm an atheist, and I don't take part in cult religions either. Me, I seek out trends, strange ideas, cult populations with an enthusiasm for all that is weird.  I might as well call myself a weird cult follower. But then again, what cult isn't weird? 
My greatest cult interests are Star Trek, little known musicians such as Assemblage 23, art house films including my favorite director Jan Svankmajer's "Dimensions of Dialogue", indie films like Donnie Darko, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, and Run Lola Run, old school Nintendo 64 video games and their glitches, internet subculture, and fashion trends.  
Here, I'd like to showcase the best of the bizarre and beautiful there is to offer.  I'd like to expose you to the vast cults of the internet and beyond.  I'd like to expand your brain with the strange and deranged and make you understand, a bit more, what the world has to offer.

So as a parting gift I'll let you ponder upon one of the best Svankmajer shorts, known as "Punch and Judy".  Live long and prosper.  And don't forget to be strange...    



No comments:

Post a Comment